HFCS subscribes to the Enterprise edition of AR, with access to all quizzes, currently in excess of 130,000
- Enterprise supports our reading series with quizzes for the reading selections through 5th Grade
- Enterprise also offers vocabulary quizzes and literacy skills quizzes
- This school year, our students have taken 1,769 quizzes and read 57,063,535 words. An impressive 91 percent of our students quiz at an 85 percent or better comprehension level
HFCS participates in the North Texas Reading Bee and the TLA Bluebonnet Reading Program.
The HFCS Library sponsors a Scholastic Book Fair once a year. It is held in conjunction with our annual Grandparents Day in September.
- Mrs. Bergkamp works with HFCS teachers to engage the natural curiosity of students and guide them to become lifelong learners.
- Our library has 8,140 titles for research and reading.
- Kindergarten through 8th Grade have library time once a week. PreK-3 and PreK-4 have storytime once a week.
- The library houses an iPad cart with 25 iPads for student use in the library or the classroom. The students can access the library catalog, AR quizzes, reading and math programs, and Safari.